CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too pretty to be a boy?

We took Gabriel back to Crozer this morning for a repeat of his hearing test. (He didn't pass the newborn screening, so today was our follow-up.) After the audiologist had admired him properly (my kid is irresistable), she did the test. It was kinda neat, actually, watching the little lines measure the vibrations. He passed, of course; I can admit now that I was worried. (Me, worry? HA!) I mean, I think it was a legit worry---after all, J. had hearing problems as a baby, and both of us had to have tubes in our ears as kids. Glad that's one less thing for me to stress out about now.

The old bat that registered us at the hospital called Gabriel "Gabrielle", and kept referring to him a "her". After correcting her for the 3rd time, I gave it up.

I took Gabriel for a walk today in the stroller. (Have I mentioned how much I am in love with my stroller? Seriously, I think it's wonderful---I love it lotses.) We went up the street to the library (can I just say how much I love living within walking distance of the library?), and to the bank. Both places are staffed by little old ladies, and at least one person in both places asked me if Gabriel was a boy or a girl.

For real? I mean, he's dressed in blue, ffs. I would assume that meant boy, if it were me. I mean, who dresses a baby girl in blue? Besides, if he were a girl, I'd have a little bow taped to his head, or something. I've never heard of people mistaking a boy for a girl---usually it's the other way around, right?

I guess my baby is just too pretty to be a boy.

1 comment:

  1. From his picture on your blog, I can see just how adorable he is :). Oh how I miss that age so much (don't they grow up way too fast???)

    So glad that everything is OK with his hearing.

    ReplyDelete